In September 2009, four students in the University of Chicago Basic Program of Liberal Education for Adults were interviewed about various aspects of the program and the impact the program has had in their lives, including:
- What happens in a Basic Program classroom?
- What is the relevance of the Basic Program curriculum?
- How do classic works affect your perspective of the world today?
- Why is the Basic Program called “Basic”?
On a different occasion, a husband and wife who have taken many Basic Program courses — individually as well as together — discussed:
- The transformative learning experience provided by the Basic Program.