There are many parodies of various classics online, Shakespeare in particular, as well as a range of what might be called “great books humor”. Below is a thoroughly unscientific sampling of a few of the ones I know about that either are particularly funny and/or particularly noteworthy for one reason or another. I’ll be putting more up as time goes by.
Please contact me with your favorites.
- Reduced Shakespeare Company, Hamlet (Part 1 of 4; Part 2 of 4; Part 3 of 4; Part 4 of 4)
- Reduced Shakespeare Company, Romeo and Juliet (Part 1 of 2; Part 2 of 2)
- Rowan Atkinson & Hugh Laurie – Shakespeare and Hamlet
- Sesame Street, Patrick Stewart Soliloquy on B
- Wayne and Shuster, The Shakespearean Baseball Game (“A Comedy of Errors, Hits and Runs”)
- Wayne and Shuster, Rinse the Blood Off My Toga (“The Julius Caesar Caper”)